Saturday 21 February 2009

It's easy!

I've spent the last 5 days furiously setting up my new Community centre class and to be honest I have to say its all very easy!

Well, compared to when I last did this in 1996. I have memories of designing and printing flyers with a word processor, photocopier and copious quantities of Tipex. This time with my mouse, Photoshop and ebay I have created what I hope will be a professional looking flyer and have 5000 of them on their way to me soon.

For my Flyers I used a printer called Fairprint on ebay, sent the design that I made with Photoshop to them by email, paid online with my Creditcard, all done in a morning - in 1996 this would not have been so easy!

I've also put myself on Yell.com and on Google maps, again it was so EASY (and free) with just a few mouse clicks.

I registered a domain name and built a website for my new venture, along with Facebook Group. I used Wufoo to create a professional looking contact form, there are so many great free webtools available that make all this so EASY!

In 1996 I had a computer with word processor (a PC with 386 processor if I remember correctly), I had no Internet connection, no design software, those were the days... LOL!

One thing that hasn't changed much since I last taught in the Community is distribution of flyers, next Saturday I will be pounding the streets around Hurst, hoping not to get barked at as I put my flyers through letterboxes ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Julieanne - Is it a pay as you go facility at Hurst Pilates? I.e. you do NOT have to pay for a month up front and lose your money if you can't go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello
    Yes, pay per workout, no need to book, just turn up and pay for your class on the night. Let me know if you have any further questions (info@hurstpilates.com), hope to see you at Hurst!

    ReplyDelete